Terms and Conditions
Tours and Prices
Tours are wholly and exclusively for your private group only - whether that be one, two or three persons.
Prices are per private tour – not per individual – and do not include entrance fees, meals and accommodation costs.
Itineraries will be as advertised/agreed however The Hebridean Explorer reserves the right to change itineraries if weather, road, travel or ferry conditions require it. Please note that we cannot guarantee return times.
Tours depart at advertised/agreed times and we request that groups arrive on time to ensure the most of their tour time.
Please note that we do not take children under 8 years on any of our tours.
Bookings and Payments
• For bookings (more than 24 months before the tour start date) an initial 10% non-refundable deposit payment is required followed by a 25% non-refundable deposit payment 24 months before the tour date.
• For bookings (24 months or less before the tour start date) a 35% non-refundable deposit is required.
• Full payment for a tour bookings is required 30 days before the tour date.
Payment is by credit or debit card (Visa or MasterCard or American Express) using our Secure Online Payment System.
There are no extra charges added for payment by credit card (although you may incur charges from your card provider).
Cancellation by Clients
• If you cancel a booked tour more than 24 months before the tour start date a cancellation charge of 10% (of the total tour price) applies.
• If you cancel a booked tour between 1 to 24 months before the tour start date a cancellation charge of 35% (of the total tour price) applies.
• If you cancel a booked tour within 30 or less days before the tour start date a cancellation charge of 100% (of the total tour price) applies.
Failure to appear at the agreed tour start point and/or the agreed start time will constitute a cancellation with no refunds given. All cancellations must be made by email and will be effective from the date we receive the email notification. We strongly recommend that clients consider appropriate travel insurance with cancellation cover as there are no refunds or credits if you cancel a tour.
Cancellation by The Hebridean Explorer
The Hebridean Explorer undertakes to fulfil all tours as booked but reserves the right to cancel, change or curtail a tour due to unforeseen circumstances, illness, injuries or events out with our control. In this case a full refund of all payments made to us by the client in respect of the tour will be an end to any obligation on our part. Our liability for costs or inconvenience if we fail to complete a tour is limited to the total value of the tour purchased. The Hebridean Explorer is not responsible for any other costs clients may incur such as flight, accommodation and travel expenses.
Insurance and Liability
The Hebridean Explorer holds Public Liability Insurance along with Private Hire Insurance.
We strongly recommend that all clients arrange suitable travel, medical and cancellation insurance.
Ferry Sailings (if applicable)
Ferry sailings are generally very reliable in the summer months, but delays can occasionally occur. While we cannot be responsible for any extra accommodation, food or other costs that clients may incur due to ferry delays and cancellations, we will make every effort to adapt the tour to minimise disruption. Please note that no refunds will be given for tour and itinerary changes due to ferry changes and cancellations.