Private Tours of the Scottish Highlands and Islands from Inverness
The Hebridean Explorer (John Alasdair Macdonald) has been an independent private tour guide for over fourteen years specialising in private guided tours for small groups (up to 3) from Inverness covering the Scottish Highlands and Islands including the Hebrides and the Northern Isles.
Getting off the beaten track and exploring the best of the region is always the aim on all tours from Inverness. The flexible Scottish Highlands and Islands tours are designed to ensure the right balance between travelling and time spent out of the vehicle exploring the breath-taking scenery and discovering the ancient history and culture of the Scottish Highlands.
Why choose The Hebridean Explorer?
- Private and exclusive tours – for small groups (up to 3)
- Trusted and established – 14 years experience touring the Highlands
- Highly rated – 280 five star reviews on Tripadvisor
- Local knowledge – John Alasdair Macdonald was born in the Outer Hebrides
- Local history – part-time PhD student studying Highland history
- Local culture – raised on a Highland croft in a Gaelic speaking family