Private Highland Tours from Inverness to the Isle of Skye, Outer Hebrides, Orkney and throughout the Scottish Highlands
Your guide, John Alasdair Macdonald, The Hebridean Explorer, is an independent tour guide specialising in private guided tours for small groups (up to 3) from Inverness covering the Scottish Highlands including the Isle of Skye, the Outer Hebrides and Orkney along with Scotch whisky, Highland clans and history tours.
Getting off the beaten track and exploring the best of the region is always our aim on all our tours from Inverness. Our flexible Scottish Highlands and Islands tours are designed to ensure the right balance between travelling and time spent out of the vehicle exploring the breath-taking scenery and discovering the ancient history and culture of the Scottish Highlands.
Why choose The Hebridean Explorer?
- Stunning views and dramatic landscapes on all our Highland tours
- John Alasdair Macdonald - raised in Outer Hebrides (Isle of Lewis)
- Scottish Gaelic - brought up in a Scottish Gaelic speaking family
- Highland history - has a BA Scottish History degree and Masters
- Private and exclusive tours - for small groups (up to 3)